Wednesday 15 January 2020

Effective Literacy Website #5


 Image result for scholastic logo

I’ve been familiar with Scholastic since I was in elementary. I remember bringing home the reading scholastic book order forms and always took my time going through each and every page circling the books I was hopeful my parents would say yes to ordering. Being the second oldest of five children it wasn’t easy convincing my parents to buy something for me. Now that I’ve discovered the website as an educator, I’ve found another great resource to access books and literacy lessons that’s beneficial to my teaching.
Scholastic Education is one of the webpages that can be found on the website. This page provides an array of literacy solutions for classroom instruction. Educators can find literacy solution programs for either the whole class, small group, or independent reading. Furthermore, there are programs for integrated reading and writing, digital solutions, early learning, as well as a program on extended day & summer! This way children will be enriched all year long. Users have access to the available resources tailored for all learners from grades K-12. A guided reading leveling resource chart is also provided and used as a general leveling guide to help teacher, administrators, librarians, and parents make decisions on books to purchase for the appropriate estimated reader’s level(s).  The chart includes levels on Guided Reading, Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA), and Lexile Levels.
Teachers can become a member of scholastic for free by simply registering on the website. I just registered as a teacher and now I’m eager to explore the many free resources available to me, my students, as well as my kids. There are thousands of free lesson plans, current book lists to use in your classroom, an many student activity ideas. Teachers can also build their library classroom with their 25% off (or more) discount. They can use their discount on guided reading sets, activity books, paperback collections, and so much more when they shop in the teacher store. If that hasn’t convinced you to sign up, scholastic teachables also have lessons and activities in a variety of subjects and skill levels ready for printing! Scholastic has a site for everyone in the family! A parent site, kid site, administrator site, and a librarian site can also be found on scholastic education. With the many resources available on scholastic it’s hard to go anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment